1. Using our website
Welcome to our website. We hope you find it useful. We have tried to provide a variety of resources, articles, and interactive tools to support your understanding and use of our legal services. There are important considerations in using our website, so we have laid out our terms that apply to your use of the website. By accessing and using our website:
- you agree to these terms; and
- where you access the website on behalf of another person (e.g. a company), you confirm that you are authorised to agree to these terms on that person’s behalf and that person is bound by these terms.
- If you do not agree to these terms, you are not authorised to access and use the website, and you must immediately stop doing so.
- Please contact us for clarification if you do not understand any aspect of these terms.
- To aid understanding, the terms ‘us’, 'we', or ‘our’ refer to Aspiring Law Limited. ‘You’ means you, the user or viewer or both you and the other person you are accessing the website on behalf of (if applicable).
2. We can make changes
We may change these terms at any time by updating them on the website. Unless we say, any change takes effect immediately. You are responsible for ensuring you are familiar with the latest terms.
By continuing to access and use the website, you will be bound by the changed terms. We may change, suspend, discontinue, or restrict access to, the website without notice or liability.
These terms were last updated in February 2023.
3. Definitions to help interpret these terms
- Guide means any documents or articles available from our website.
- Using the word 'including' does not imply any limit.
- Interactive tools mean any BOTS, Chat BOTs, online questionnaires and evaluation tools or anything similar available on our website.
- Loss includes loss of profits, savings, revenue or data, and any other claim, damage, loss, liability, and cost, including legal costs on a solicitor and own client basis.
- Our IP means intellectual property owned or licenced by us relating to our website, Interactive Tools, Products and Services, including text, graphics, artwork, photographs, logos, icons, sound recordings, videos and look and feel, and the software, and any other material part of our Underlying System or forming part of this website.
- Personal information means information about an identifiable, living person.
- Products and Services means all Interactive Tools, Guides, documents or other information or products provided by us via this website.
- Underlying System means any network, system, software, data, or material that underlies or is connected to the website
4. What you must do when using our website
- Use the website and any Products and Services in accordance with these terms.
- Provide true, current, and complete information in your dealings with us, and must promptly update that information as required so that the information remains correct.
- Not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, publish, licence, create adaptions, offer for sale, or use any of the website content (except where permitted).
- You may not use the website content for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial)
- You must:
- not act in a way, or use or introduce anything (including any virus, worm, Trojan horse, timebomb, keystroke logger, spyware, or other similar feature) that in any way compromises, or may compromise, the website or any Underlying System, or otherwise attempt to damage or interfere with the Website or any Underlying System; and
- unless with our agreement, access the website via standard web browsers only. Other methods like scraping, deep-linking, harvesting, data mining, use of a robot or spider, automation, or any similar data gathering, extraction or monitoring method are not permitted.
- obtain our written permission to establish a link to our website. If you wish to do so, email your request to Catherine Hall.
- pay us for all Loss we incur as a direct or indirect result of your failure to comply with these terms.
5. Protection of our Intellectual Property
- We (and our licensors) own all proprietary and intellectual property rights in Our IP and the Underlying Systems. Your use of our website or Products and Services does not transfer the ownership or title to Our IP.
6. Your Privacy and Communication
- If you use our communication tools available through our website such as our chat room, you agree only to use these for lawful and legitimate purposes. We are under no obligation to monitor communications.
7. What we are not responsible for
- If permitted by law, we and our licensors have no liability or responsibility to you or any other person for any Loss in connection with:
- the website being unavailable (in whole or in part) or performing slowly;
- any error in any information made available through the website;
- any exposure to viruses or other forms of interference which may damage your computer system or expose you to fraud when you access or use the website. You are responsible for ensuring the process you use to access the website protects you from this; and
- any site linked from the website. Any link on the website to other sites does not imply any endorsement, approval, or recommendation of, or responsibility for, those sites or their contents, operations, products, or operators.
- All Products provided for information or educational purposes are a guide only. Always consult a legal advisor for specific advice relevant to your situation.
- We will try to keep the information up to date and correct but give no warranty about its completeness, accuracy, reliability, or suitability of the Products or website.
- Interactive tools, online evaluations and questionnaires or other content on the website has not been prepared by considering the situation or needs of any individual users.
- We make no representation or warranty that the website is appropriate or available for use in all countries or that the content satisfies the laws of all countries. You are responsible for ensuring that your use of the website is not illegal or prohibited, and for your own compliance with local laws.
8. Our liability
- If permitted by law:
- you access and use the website at your own risk; and
- we are not liable or responsible to you or any other person for any Loss in connection with these terms, the website, or your use of (or inability to access or use) the website or Products. This exclusion applies regardless of whether our liability or responsibility arises in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, breach of statutory duty, or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms has the effect of contracting out of the New Zealand Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 or any other consumer protection law that cannot be excluded. To the extent our liability cannot be excluded but can be limited, our liability is limited to NZD100.
- Our total liability to you under or in connection with these terms, or in connection with the website, or your access and use of (or inability to access or use) the Website, must not exceed NZD100.
9. Suspension and Termination of use
- Despite any other right or remedy available to us, if we consider that you have breached these terms, we may immediately, and without notice, suspend or terminate your access to the website (or any part of it).
- On suspension or termination, you must immediately cease using the website and must not attempt to gain further access.
10. General stuff
- If we need to contact you, we may do so by email or by posting a notice on the website and this satisfies all legal requirements in relation to written communications.
- These terms, and any dispute relating to these terms or the website, are governed by the laws of New Zealand. Each party submits to the jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts in relation to any dispute connected with these terms or the website.
- Any right given up by us under these terms must be in writing.
- Clauses which, by their nature, are intended to survive termination of these terms.
- If any part of these terms is or becomes illegal, unenforceable, or invalid, that part is considered modified to remedy the illegality, unenforceability, or invalidity. If a modification is not possible, the part must be treated as severed from these terms. The remainder of these terms will be binding on you.
- These terms set out everything relating to your use of the website and supersede and cancel anything discussed, exchanged, or agreed prior to you agreeing to these terms. The parties have not relied on any representation, warranty or agreement relating to the website that is not expressly set out in the terms, and no such representation, warranty or agreement has any effect from the date you agreed to these terms.